Apex Nutrition Endurance Sports Nutrition
Apex Nutrition's, Kelli Jennings, joins MTBCoach to discuss race week nutrition. If you thought you knew something about proper nutrition, listen to the show and you'll quickly find out there is a lot more to learn.
Kelli brings a refreshing and upbeat look at the conventional carbs, fats, and proteins. She discusses macronutrient ratios, good fat, caffeine, smoothies, race day fueling, and more. It's a MUST listen!
Listen to the archived show:
If you've listened in and are wondering how to get further, customized advice to help you be your best on the bike, go to Apex Nutrition and tell her Mountain Bike Radio sent you!
Related Show Information:
If you have any nutrition questions, Email Kelli
Kelli shared a ton of great advice during the show and mentioned some of her recipes and smoothies. Click on any of the following links to go to her website entries contain the nutrition information and recipes:
- Pre-Race Dinner
- Pre-Training Smoothie
- Nutrition During Different Phases of Training . Another entry.
- Ginger Chews
- Coconut Oil
- Whey Protein Recommendations
- Lemon Bars
- Peanut Butter-Chia-Honey Balls
- Rice Burritos
- Sweet Potatoes
- Homemade Sports Drink
- Chocolate Milk Recovery and Hot Cocoa Recovery
- Perfect Recovery Smoothie
- Pre-Bed Smoothie
- Anti-Pain, Anti-Inflammatory Tea
- Training on a Cup of Joe
- Bonking, Wrong Foods at Wrong Times
- Fuel to a Schedule
- What to do When you Fall Behind
- Cramping During a Race
- Avoid Post-Workout Fatigue